Fried Brinjal Curry
Easy step by step recipe for making Gujarati style Fried Brinjal (Baigan) curry.
- 2 No. brinjal Large or 3-4 small sized ones
- 1 teaspoon dhania-jeera powder coriander and cumin seeds powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mango powder
- 1 pinch Salt and chilli powder to taste as per your preference
Cut the brinjal into half and each half into 3 slices.
Make fine slits on the cut surface of each slice and then mix all the above spices and rub nicely on the slits.
Heat oil and put the brinjals cut side down into the pan.
Cover tightly and cook over a slow fire turning them occasionally till they are soft.
Serve hot with Aloo Parathas or Rotis.