Akki Rotti Recipe, Karnataka / Mangalore style | Rice Rotti
Make restaurant-class Akki Rottis, with authentic Karnataka and Mangalore style recipe to guide you.
- 2 cups Rice Flour
- 2 tablespoon fresh coconut Grated
- 7 Nos. green chillies
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onions finely chopped
- 1 pinch Salt as per your taste
- 1 cup Lukewarm water to mix the dough
Grind coconut and green chillies to a fine paste and mix with all other ingredients to the flour.
Sprinkle warm water and knead to a hard dough.
Take a thin pan and pat little dough on top of the pan.
Put few holes in the centre using your fingers, add oil in and around the holes and then place the tava on fire.
Close with a lid and fry on medium flame carefully turning the pan for even heating.
When the roti becomes crisp carefully remove it from the pan using a thin ladle.
Serve hot with chutney.