Vegetable Curry Recipe with cream, curds and cheese – This dish goes away from the normal Subzi or curries that are made at home and incorporates ‘royal’ ingredients such as cream, cheese and bread.
This innovative vegetable curry incorporates yoghurt, cheese, spices combined with a mix of rich nuts and cherries. You could make this on a weekend quickly without investing too much time on other exotic preparations.
Follow this step-by-step recipe below and let us know how it turned out. Try other curries:
Veg Curry with Bread, Yogurt and Cream
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1 teaspoon Cheese or Paneer, grated
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Cashewnites broken
- 1 tablespoon Peanuts husked & lightly roasted
- 1 teaspoon Poppy seeds or Khus Khus seeds soaked in 2 tablespoons of milk for 1 hour
- 3 nos. Green Chilies chopped
- 1 piece Ginger about an inch long
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Leaves finely chopped
- 1 slice Bread White Bread
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 4 Canned Cherries optional
- 1 pinch Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tablespoon Ghee or Oil
How to make:
- Grind together in a dry Mixer, cashew, peanuts and bread.
- Grind together in a wet mixer, onion, ginger, chillies, khuskhus with milk
- Heat oil in a heavy pan, add onion mixture, sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add curds and cook, stirring continuously till whiteness of curds disappears.
- Add milk, bring to a boil, add sugar, salt, dry mixture, spice powder, cream.
- Stir gently till boil resumes.
- Cook covered for few minutes till thickened.
- Garnish with grated cheese, coriander and cherries.