Tomato Coriander Chutney Recipe – When you want something tangy and have an earthy flavor then try this easy-to-make Tomato Coriander Chutney. It will be a perfect compliment to Masala Dosa or those Fluffy Idlis.
Chutneys are probably India’s answer to Salsa or Dips (or maybe the Western world adopted the Dip after Chutney, you never know 🙂 ). They compliment any Indian main course recipe – be it Vegetarian main courses such as Idli, Dosa, Roti, Pulao but also non-vegetarian dishes like Kababs or Biryanis.
This particular Tomato Coriander Chutney uses simple ingredients and the standard Indian spices to make an exciting side-dish go for your breakfast Dosa or Idli.
Vary the no. of chillies if you like them a little hot. We would serve this Coriander and Tomato Chutney along with Papad, French Fries or even Potato Chips. It makes any snack come alive.
Follow this easy step-by-step recipe for Tomato Coriander Chutney.
Coriander and Tomato Chutney Recipe
- 1 cup Coriander Leaves Also called Cilantro, Fresh
- 1 no. Tomato large
- 1/2 cup Coconut grated
- 2 nos. Green Chillies
- 1 pinch Tamarind
- 1 pinch Salt to taste
How to make:
- Wash fresh coriander leaves and pick the leaves from the stem.
- Cut the tomato into medium-sized pieces.
- Add the other ingredients and grind it in the blender into a thick paste.
- Heat 3 spoons oil in a fry pan, add mustard seeds.
- When it splatters, add Urad dal.
- Add the ground paste and fry till the raw smell disappears.