Sweet Dosa Recipe or Jaggery Dosa recipe is all the goodness of Dosa but tasting heavenly with its sweetness. The subtle sweetness is because of the Jaggery (and not Sugar).
It is relatively healthy for a sweet dish since we are not using Jaggery which is much healthier than crystal Sugar. You can skip using the Maida in this Dosa which will make it a little less smooth.
The batter should not be too thick or too watery – make the batter consistency like that of Plain Dosa.
If you further want to enhance this, fill the finished Dosa with chopped Bananas, Dates and nuts. Cut the Dosa into 2 or 3 halves and serve it with honey.
Find this recipe for Sweet Dosa, below.
Sweet Dosa (with Jaggery)
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Rice flour
- 1/4 cup Maida or All Purpose flour
- 3 teaspoon Rava
- 1/4 cup Coconut finely grated
- 1 cup Jaggery
- 2 nos Cardamoms Powdered
- 2 teaspoon Ghee per Dosa
How to make:
- Melt jaggery in 2 cups of boiling water and let it cool.
- Mix wheat flour, rice flour, rava, maida, cardamom, and coconut with the melted jaggery, and make a fine batter (similar to that of Masala Dosa).
- Spread a big spoonful of the above batter on a hot non-stick pan, and put 1 teaspoon of ghee around it.
- Let it cook on this side for a few minutes, and then turn over to the other side, and put 1 teaspoon of ghee around it.
- Wait till the Dosai turns brown.
- Once this is cooked, remove from the Tava and set aside in a fresh plate
- Smear a teaspoon of Ghee on the top of Dosa and serve hot.
- You can serve this like a pancake withe honey topping.
- Or you can fill the inside of the Dosa with chopped Bananas, dates and nuts. Roll the Dosa and cut into 3rs before serving.