Baigan (Brinjal / Aubergine/Eggplant) is another vegetable in Indian cuisine where a lot of dishes are made. This curry (side-dish) uses coconut and brinjal as the main ingredients.
Stuffed Baigan (Brinjal) Masala Curry
- 1/2 kg brinjal small size
- 3-4 in onions cutbig pieces
- 2 tablespoons of grated coconut dried
- 1 whole garlic
- 2 tablespoons "ginger small pieces
- chilli powder - according to your taste
- 1 teaspoons turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1 small piece Tamarind
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp jeera
How to make:
- Take all the ingredients grind it at once in mixer, do not add water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil in pan and heat it, put the mixture in the pan.
- Fry the mixture properly.
- Take of the pan from stove and let it cool.
- Take the brinjal slit it in 4, fill the mixture in the brinjal.
- Pour 2 - 3 tablespoons of oil in a kadai, heat it and then put the stuffed brinjal, cook it.
- Put small piece of jaggery to taste if required. Let it cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Add little water to the brinjal.
- Coconut brinjal masala is ready.
- Serve it with any Indian bread or Indian rice.
Photo is only indicative and may not be actually of the recipe.
Liked this recipe?Comment below how it was!
Let us know on Facebook @indianfoodkitchens