Have some leftover Chapathis? Then why not make it spicy and give it a western twist?
Spicy Chapathi recipe is a variation to the popular Indian bread – the humble Chapatti :). Here we add Chaat masala and a little bit of chilli powder to make this spicy and hot! With the way you present it’ll surely be a hit with kids and adults alike.
Make this dish when we want to bring that zing into a boring meal or have to improvise over the normal Chapati. This is another Roti recipe that you should add under must-do main course Indian recipes.
This also can go into a large menu for a special occassion such as a wekeend menu or for a house party. You choose but we can assure that this will certainly brigthen up the palate of everyone who are used to the taste of a regular chapathi.
Serve this with dollops of tomato ketchup or mint chutney.
See below for a step-by-step recipe for Spicy Chapathi and let us know how it turned out.
Make fluffy Chapathis with this easy recipe
Spicy Masala Chapathi Recipe
- 4 nos. Chapatis Use fresh or leftover Chapattis
- 3 tablespoon oil to fry
- 1 pinch Salt to taste, as per your preference
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Chat masala
How to make:
- Cut the chapatis into long strips (Use a pair of scissors), or cut them into triangles
- Fry them in oil till deep brown. Lay these fried strips on tissue paper.
- Apply salt, chilli powder and chat masala to these strips. You can also use grated cheese.
- Serve with tomato sauce.
- Serve hot.