Rava Idli recipe with Dal – this is a variation to the popular Rava Idli but here the batter will have Rava and Urad Dal (Black Gram Dal) which is then used to make the Idlis.
This dish a very healthy breakfast or a Dinner dish since it has so many proteins and essential nutrients coming from Rava and Dal.
Rava is called Semolina in English. It is sometimes referred to also as Sooji. In North India they refer to it as Sooji Rava while in South India it is called as Bansi Rava.
Make this dish to pep your breakfast menu 🙂 Serve this with a variety of Chutneys or Vegetable Kurma.
Find this step-by-step receipe below to make Rava Idli with Dal (or Sooji Idli with Dal). Let us know how you liked it.
Rava Idli Recipe with Dal
- 500 grams Rava or Semolina in English
- Urad Dhal – 200 Gms
- Dry coconut scrapings Copra – ½ cup
- Cashew nut pieces – ½ tblsp
- Coriander leaves chopped – 2 tblsp
- Oil – to grease the plates
How to make:
- Soak Urad Dhal (Black Gram Dal) in water for 3 hours.
- Then grind Dhal to a fine paste with required quantity of water till it becomes a fine paste (frothy).
- Roast Rava and mix it with the dhal paste.
- Leave this to ferment overnight for about 15 -18 hours.
- Next day, add coriander leaves, cashew nut pieces, grated copra and salt. Mix well and steam this batter in greased idli plates.
- Serve hot with Chutney or vegetable Korma.