Rava Dosa Recipe – Make restaurant style Rava Dosa with this recipe. Rava or Semolina is packed with good nutrients – It is protein rich and comparatively high in nutrition compared to rice-based Dosas.
Rava Dosa is thinner and more ‘watery’ compared to the normal Dosa recipes. And it is easy and fun to eat especially for kids who don’t like to eat the ‘normal’ Dosa.
Find easy to follow recipe for Rava Dosa, below.
Rava Dosa Recipe
- Iron Tawa
- Non-stick Tawa
- Wet Grinder
- 1 cup fine Sooji semolina
- 1/2 cup Rice flour or plain flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pinch Soda bicarb
- 2-2 ½ cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Coriander chopped fine
- 2 green Chillies chopped fine
- 1 flake ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon Oil to shallow fry
- 1 pinch salt to taste
How to make:
- Blend all the ingredients together.
- Add more buttermilk if necessary.
- The batter should be relatively thin.
- Keep aside for 20 - 30 minutes. Heat and Iron griddle (or Non-stick Tawa) and pour 1 large spoon of batter on it.
- If the batter is too runny, pour another spoonful of the batter.
- Spread the batter across and around the Tawa and by rotating the griddle
- Put some oil (1/2 teaspoon.) over dosa.
- Close the griddle with a lid so the Dosa can cook quickly
- After about 2 minutes, take the lid off and turn over the Dosa with a spatula or a ladle.
- Cook the other side for about 3 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove it from the Tawa and transfer it to a clean plate.
- Roll the dosa in a three-fold cylinder.
- Serve hot with onion and/or coconut chutneys.