Pudina Chutney Recipe or Mint Chutney Recipe – Mint Chutney or Pudina Chutney is perhaps the most popular Chutney that you’ll find in Indian restaurants.
It has this unique tangy, earthy flavor that balance out heavy dishes such as Chicken Kabab or even Vegetarian dishes.
This recipe uses Mint, Garlic, Ginger, Lemon Juice and Chillies to create a flavor that is sensational on the palate. Pair this with neutral main course dishes like Tandoori Roti, Idlis or Biryani.
Pudina Chutney goes well with:
- Bread Sandwich
Find this step-by-step recipe for Pudina Chutney.
Pudina Chutney Recipe
- 1 bunch mint Pudina leaves, washed and chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 small piece ginger sliced
- 4-5 green chillies chopped
- 1 tsp coconut optional, shredded
- 2-3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cumin seeds or powder
- 1 tsp urad dhal
- 1 tsp channa dal
- Salt to taste
How to make:
- In a shallow pan, fry Urad Dal, Channa Dal and Cumin seeds with a teaspoon of Oil until they sputter.
- Next add in the green chillies and Onions.
- Continue frying for about 5 minutes in low flame.
- Next transfer these into a mixer.
- Add in the Pudina leaves, shredded coconut and the garlic
- Blend this to a smooth paste using a little water.
- Serve With Pulao, Biryani, Dosas, Idli or Rotis.