Peanut Chutney Recipe – How to make the best Peanuts Chutney at home. Among all the different Chutney recipes, Coconut Chutney, Tomato Chutney and Mint Chutney are perhaps the most popular.
However, Peanuts Chutney is also an option you should definitely consider for different main course dishes such as Rice, Roti, Dosa or Idli.
Peanuts Chutney taste is something that one needs to acquire as some don’t like it’s supposedly bland taste. You could increase the spice factor in this Chutney by increasing the number of Chillies used.
Peanuts Chutney are extensively made in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh regions of South India where in states like Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, Coconut Chutney is the main side-dish for Idli and Dosa.
Find recipe for Peanut Chutney, below.
Peanuts Chutney Recipe
- 50 grams Peanuts
- 6 nos. Red chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon Asafoetida
- 2 teaspoon Coconut scraped
- 1 no. Onion medium-sized
- 1 no. Tamarind lemon-sized, soaked in water
- 1 pinch Salt to taste
How to make:
- Heat little oil in the pan and fry the red chillies, asafoetida and peanuts.
- Then grind it along with the scraped coconut, tamarind [squeezed], and salt -in a mizer grinder
- Then garnish with fried urad dhal, mustard seeds and Bengal gram.
- Decorate with coriander leaves.