Palak Paneer is perhaps India’s best known vegetarian curry. Coming from the Indian state of Punjab, you can find this as a popular side-dish in Dhabas (roadside Punjabi restaurants) for Rotis and other Indian bread dishes.
Palak Paneer (Spinach and Cottage Cheese Curry)
- Spinach - 500 gms
- Onions - 5 medium sized
- Garlic - 2-3 flakes
- Cooking oil - 6-7 tbsps
- Cummin seeds - 1 tbsp
- Paneer - 150-200 gms
- salt to taste
- tsp Garam Masala Geera Powder, Chilli Powder-1/2of each
How to make:
- Cook the spinach in water.
- Drain the water and then make puree of the spinach leaves.
- Cut 4 of the onions finely and saute them till transparent.
- Grind the other onion and the garlic flakes to a fine paste.
- Add this paste to the sauted onions.
- Also add the puree and the spice powders.
- Add some water if necessary.Let boil for a minute or two.
- Cut the paneer to cubes of desired size (preferably not too small).
- Fry this in oil till golden brown and add this paneer to the prepared palak.
- Serve hot with rice or rotis.
Photo is only indicative and may not be of actual dish.
Liked this recipe?Comment below how it was!
Let us know on Facebook @indianfoodkitchens