Curry Leaves Chutney Recipe – Use Curry Leaves to make a strong and tasty Chutney for your South Indian breakfast dishes such as Idli, Dosa or Vada or serve it alongside North Indian Lunch dishes such as Roti, Paratha or Chapathi.
Curry Leaves are packed with nutrients and are main garnishing dish in Indian curries and particularly South Indian curry varieties such as Sambar and Rasam.
Curry leaves are packed with a host of essential nutrients and come with a lot of health benefits. They are easy on the gut and have anti bacterial properties.
Consider making Curry leaves Chutney along with Coconut and Coriander Chutney to have a complete Chutney menu when you have to make an extensive breakfast of Dosa or Idli or even serve them for Lunch or Dinner.
Find below step-by-recipe recipe for Curry Leaves Chutney.
Curry Leaves Chutney Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Curry Leaves
- 1/2 piece Ginger
- 6 nos. Red Chillies
- 1 teaspoon Urad dal
- 1 pinch Salt to taste
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1 tablespoon Tamarind pulp
- 1 teaspoon Oil
How to make:
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry the Urad dal till light brown in colour.
- Add whole red chillies and asafetida and fry for few minutes.
- Remove from fire.
- Wash and chop the curry leaves and fry them slightly.
- Grinund the fried curry leaves with red chillies, asafoetida, ginger and the salt in a mixer until you get a paste like consistency
- That's it. Serve with your favorite dish such as Pongal, Idli, Vada or Dosa.