Want to make the good old Dal curry exotic? Presenting this Channa Dal (Split Baby Chickpeas) Curry with Cheese that will bring a smile to everyone. This combines the proven curry of Dal along with cheese cubes that will bring it a lively texture and flavor.
Add this to your weekend special dinner menu or present it at a party menu as well. Regardless this dish will surely get raves from whoever tastes them.
You can also add veggies such as cauliflower (Gobi), potatoes or even Palak to add that extra zing to the dish.
It goes perfectly well with soft Kulchas or fluffy Naans. See below for a step-by-step recipe for Channa Dal Cheese curry.
Channa Dal Cheese Curry
- 150 grams channa dhal Split Baby Chickpeas
- 200 grams Cheese
- 100 grams onions
- 2 Nos Tomatoes
- 2 pods garlic
- 2 nos Cloves
- 2 nos cinnamon
- 2 nos Black cardamom
- 2 nos Bay leaves
- 1 no Red Chilly whole
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Red chilly powder
- 6 nos coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 liter water
- 2 tablespoons ghee
How to make:
- Clean the channa dhal and soak it for about 2 hours.
- Wash and peel onions and garlic.
- Grate onions,grind garlic.
- Chop tomatoes and coriander leaves finely.
- Cut the cheese into cubes and fry it in the oil light brown.
- Heat ghee in a separate pan and fry grated onions to light brown color.
- Add the garlic paste, cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves,bay leaves, red chilly powder and the chopped tomatoes and cook for few minutes.
- Add the channa dhal, salt, turmeric powder, and fry for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the water and cook for half an hour.
- Now add the fried cheese cubes to it and simmer for few minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve this with rice and chapatis.