Banana Kheer Recipe – When you want a simple Kheer recipe that will enhance the entire meal menu.
Kheer is a popular and a traditional dessert in North India. It is usually prepared on special occassions such as festivals or as part of a large menu. Kheer is also called Payasam in Tamil or Payasa in Kannada.
No matter what it is called Kheer is a wonderful dessert to start or end your meal with.
Bananas a highly nutrituous, and we would like to call it a no-fuss fruit. It easily integrates into a lot of recipes into Indian cooking.
This Banana Kheer Recipe uses nutritious Bananas as the main ingredients coupled with Coconut, Milk and other flavorful additives.
It’s easy to make and will surely be a dish that everyone would enjoy whether you include in the lunch or Dinner menu.
Find this easy recipe below for Banana Kheer/Payasam and let us know how you liked it.
Banana Kheer Recipe
- 3 nos ripe bananas Robusta Bananas are preferred
- 1 cup ghee
- 3 tablespoon Coconut cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 seeds Cardamom
- 25 grams Jaggery
- 1 no. Coconut Small, to be grated
- 2 tablespoon Raisins
How to make:
- Peel and remove the seeds from the bananas.
- Steam cook and mash them.
- Grate coconut (not the coconut pieces), add 1 1/2 cups of water to make coconut milk.
- Add 3-4 cups of water to make second coconut milk.
- In a pan add ghee and the mashed bananas and fry for 10-15 minutes.
- Add melted and sieved jaggery.
- Keep stirring till it becomes thick.
- Add the second coconut milk to the banana and jaggery.
- Now mix and cook till thick and until the milk reduces to about 1/2 or more of its volume.
- Add the first coconut milk and let it boil.
- Fry the coconut pieces, cashewnuts, raisins and crushed cardamoms and add to the mixture. Serve warm.